ICN Job Description and Person Specification Contracted Weekly Hours: 37.5 (Those interested in 30 hours only are welcome to still apply) Salary: £25,350 Annual Leave: 5 weeks plus 8 bank holidays pro […]
ICN Job Description and Person Specification
Contracted Weekly Hours: 37.5 (Those interested in 30 hours only are welcome to still apply)
Annual Leave: 5 weeks plus 8 bank holidays pro rata
International Care Network is a Christian charity whose aim is to help to rebuild the lives of asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants. We are looking for an experienced Immigration advisor (OISC Level 2/3 or a solicitor/barrister with immigration experience) to manage the immigration and general advice service. Due to retirement our immigration team are no longer able to offer level 2/3 advice, so we are looking to regrow the team, as well as have someone to manage that work alongside the general advice service.
- To be responsible to the CEO and trustees for the outworking of the charity’s aims and objectives.
- To give overall leadership and management to the advice service.
- To develop and implement vision and appropriate strategy for the department in collaboration with the CEO, management team, staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- To develop organisational procedures and systems for the advice service and its personnel.
- To line manage staff within the department (Currently 2 x OISC Level 1 advisors and 1 x general advisor). This includes supervision, monitoring timesheets, annual leave, appraisals, and disciplinary issues.
- To lead in triaging client needs and appeals and allocate to department members.
- To deliver quality OISC regulated asylum and immigration advice case work at OISC Level 2/3.
- To comply and keep up to date with requirements from the OISC regarding advisor registration and supervision for all relevant department staff.
- To be involved in and support the management team in charity-wide work such as policy updates, grant funding, compiling outcomes data and strategy and to undertake reasonable additional tasks as requested.
- To play an active and positive role in staff and managers meetings when required.
- To contribute to trustee reports and relate to trustees as required.
- To identify relevant changes in the needs of asylum seekers and refugees and make recommendations to the management team.
- To comply with and keep up to date with all current ICN policy and procedures, especially in relation to the immigration and advice service.
- To keep up to date with and communicate with colleagues any legislation changes in relevant areas of advice.
- To represent ICN in relationships with refugees and refugee communities.
N.B: If you do not fulfil all of the criteria below but are interested in aspects of the role, please do still apply explaining your ability and interest. You are welcome to call Rebecca Fell (CEO) on 01202 589395 Monday – Thursday to discuss.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- To be an experienced, effective and efficient manager.
- To demonstrate leadership with a proactive, forward thinking approach.
- To know when and how to delegate.
- Confident to use initiative.
- To maintain clear appropriate boundaries in all beneficiary, stake holder, public and staff relationships.
- To provide care and compassion without discrimination.
- Knowledge of general advice such as benefit applications (including Universal Credit), housing, debt management desirable.
- Experience of relating to or working with refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrants desirable.
- To identify the appropriate relationship between compassion and organisational constraints in responding to client cases.
- Able to relate to people of other cultures and faiths, or none.
- To be able to complete records and paperwork quickly and effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Transparent, actively open, positive and accountable in all matters.
- To be supportive of ICN’s ethos.
- This post requires the applicant to be of the Christian faith. Members of staff are required to be sympathetic to and in agreement with the Christian values and ethos of the organisation. Please see the ‘Our Story’ section of our website for more information (https://www.icn.org.uk/about-us/our-story/). Rebecca Fell (CEO) warmly welcomes any questions or discussion about this or any aspect of the JD. She can be contacted on 01202 589395 Monday – Thursday.
Directly to the CEO.
Company pension scheme can be joined after 6 months.
A degree of flexibility with contracted hours.
Staff welfare opportunities including socials.
Training opportunities relevant to role.
To apply for this position, please send your C.V. and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for this position to Rebecca Fell (CEO) by 11th May 2022. Applications can be sent by email to: email@example.com.